Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Error searching

Quote Reply
Error searching
Hello,
when I try to search for nö I get the following error message:
Search (9691): Fatal: _get_by_phrase: Can't execute SELECT WordID, item, score, position FROM Links_Scores_Index WHERE ((WordID=)) (You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')) ' at line 3) at admin/Links/DBSQL.pm line 1492

öö or ni are working.
Who can help?

Quote Reply
Re: Error searching In reply to
It doesn't look like you are passing the "WordID" to the routine. There is nothing after the '=' and that is what's causing the error.

Quote Reply
Hello Pugdog,
I don`t get you right. Maybe you can check yourself at
http://netzindex.de

Quote Reply
You know what!

I'll bet the problem is the "foreign" character set.

Links won't search for single characters. So, if you pass the foreign character set into it with only two characters, the extended character is removed, causing a failed search. It's probably just a logic bug.

You can't use foreign characters with "search.cgi" you have to use the "search-ni.cgi"

Also something very weird happens if I search for "hamburgh" The search is performed in the main window, but a second window opens ups, with a failed search page.

This is probably something Alex will have to address, since I don't have any way of playing with the foreign characters. It might be something he's addressed in the next release sa well.

Quote Reply
Hi Pugdog,
I'm only wondering, that öö or kö is not producing this error - it just says no matching links.
Regards,
Wolfgang

Quote Reply
Hmmm... that would be odd.

Maybe Alex has an answer, but since none of it should be working <G> I'm not sure it makes a difference. You _need_ to use the search-ni.cgi with foreign characters, because the way Indexed searches use the database. You also need to make sure you have foreign characters turned on in the Links.pm.

If you need to, rename search-ni.cgi to search.cgi. Just remember you are using the non-indexed version, but then you don't have to change any templates.

Quote Reply
Hi Pugdog,
I have changed to search-ni.cgi and still the same error occurs. Maybe something like n_ ist used for something else in the script.
Regards,
Wolfgang