Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Error in jump.cgi ?!

Quote Reply
Error in jump.cgi ?!
Hello to everyone,

today I have an error in jump.cgi - if someone clicks on jump.cgi in my directory, he gets this message:

Software error:

DBSQL (20270): Fatal Error: Unable to execute query: DELETE FROM Hits_Track WHERE TO_DAYS(NOW()) - TO_DAYS(created) > 2.
Reason: Wrong key file for table: 'Hits_Track'. Try to repair it at jump.cgi line 70

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@musichit.org), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

I was very surprised, because no-one has changed the script and it was running without any problems before...any ideas what has been happened ?

Thanks for suggestions,

DMK
Marcus

Quote Reply
Re: Error in jump.cgi ?! In reply to
Hi!

Sounds like mysql tables have become corrupted. This can happen if mysql is shut down improperly (kill -9) or the system is rebooted without shutting down, or a bad sector on a hard drive.

To repair, you should use the isamchk (or myisamchk if using version 3.23) utility. This should be part of your regular mysql maintenance and monitoring anyway.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Error in jump.cgi ?! In reply to
Hello Alex,

thans for Your quick answer and help...;-)

I have tried with the command isamchk, but it seems that this command was not able to repair it...so I have resetted the table Hits_Track and now it works correctly...

I have viewed the table Hits_track before and it has corrupted entries like ID jfjf - it really seems someone has "killed" the table at mysql-server...

Have a nice weekend ;-)

DMK
Marcus