Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Build is not working

Quote Reply
Build is not working
 I'm adding links through the admin panel. when I go to my subcategory it states there are 10 links. When I enter the subcategory only 1 link
shows. Any thoughts?

I trying building and it seems to work however the links are not displaying.
Quote Reply
Re: Build is not working In reply to
try using re-index, and then check to make sure you don't have any lost links -- in the admin area.

Quote Reply
What version of code are you using?

None of the releases I've seen have had that as a commented out option!

You might want to consider getting the most current version of Links and re-installing the .cgi and .pm files in the admin and Links directories.
Quote Reply
Where is re-index?
Quote Reply
I looked in the code for re-index. It appears it should fall under Build however its not being viewed as an option. That options starts with a comments tag. See below.

<a href="nph-build.cgi">Build All</a><br>
<!-- <a href="nph-index.cgi">Re-Index</a><br> -->
<a href="/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi?db=Links&do=html_edit_template">Edit Templates</a><br>
<a href="/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi?db=Search_Log&do=html_keywords&Term=*">Keywords</a>
</font>
Quote Reply
I am using the lastest version. Alex just loaded it 2 weeks ago.
Quote Reply
Ok,

If Alex loaded it, are you using "special" characters or non-English characters?

Quote Reply
We use ISO8859 - Default character set used by SYBASE implementations of SQL Server for Unix and VMS platforms. This was the default.
Quote Reply
Before this goes too much farther, gkosak is using a new version that I was working on that works with MS SQL 7.

I do have several emails that I am looking into now and will email you shortly. Sorry about the confusion and delay!

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
I figured if you loaded it, something had to be 'different'

I guess we need to ask SQL7/MySQL as well as Unix/NT now.