Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Broken Pipe

Quote Reply
Broken Pipe
Hi,
I just finished setting up a linux box so that I can parse the dmoz contents, and I place a category name like
Top and it automatically comes back with an error, about Broken Pipe, I try placing a different category like Top/Business and it starts parsing, and gets through all the Top/Arts/?? categories, saying skipping, then gets to the Top/Business category and stops and says Broken Pipe.

Anyone know what that means?

Here is the exact message I get from my linux box:

linux:~/Desktop/linkssql/cgi-bin/admin/setup # perl Parse_RDF.pl
Decompressing to stdout ...
Beginning ...
Topic: 0 (Top) - 0
Topic: 1 (Top/Adult) - 0
Execute: Duplicate entry '1' for key 1 at Parse_RDF.pl line 311, <CONTENT_FILE>
chunk 14.
Topic: 2 (Top/Adult/Business) - 0
Execute: Duplicate entry '2' for key 1 at Parse_RDF.pl line 311, <CONTENT_FILE>
chunk 18.
Topic: 3 (Top/Adult/Business/Sex Services) - 0
Execute: Duplicate entry '3' for key 1 at Parse_RDF.pl line 311, <CONTENT_FILE>
chunk 22.
Topic: 4 (Top/Adult/Business/Sex Services/Webrings) - 9
Execute: Duplicate entry '4' for key 1 at Parse_RDF.pl line 311, <CONTENT_FILE>
chunk 35.
Can't locate object method "_pre_get_id" via package "DBI::st" at Parse_RDF.pl line 213, <CONTENT_FILE> chunk 82.
linux:~/Desktop/linkssql/cgi-bin/admin/setup #
gzip: stdout: Broken pipe

The message varies each time, depending on whether or not I have cleared the tables out first.
Any clues?

Harrison
Quote Reply
Re: Broken Pipe In reply to
Hi Harrison,

I'm getting the same error.. did you ever figure out what was causing it?

Thanks!
Katina

Quote Reply
An update: They told me after relooking at my email, that I need to get a newer version of DBI, so I followed their instructions, and got the latest version of DBI, and installed it, but get the same message. So, apparently it's not the DBI version that's causing this, and I sure would appreciate some help on this matter, It's really got me going in circles, the way I can get the rest of Links SQL to work on both the remote server and the local server except for the Parse script which is one of the main reasons we bought this over Hyperlinks, since this one was supposed to be able to import the dmoz information. I bought it so that I wouldn't have to hand type in 325,657 category names and could just import everything locally, and empty the links table, and just do a mysql dump on the category table and import it into the remote server.

Anyway, GT, Id appreciate some help getting the Parse_RDF.pl file to work and import the dmoz info.

Thanks for your time.

Harrison (aka Adam)
Quote Reply
Has anyone gotten the Parse_RDF.pl file to actually work besides GT? No matter what we do we get an error stating:

Can't locate object method "_pre_get_id" via package "DBI::st" at Parse_RDF.pl line 213, <CONTENT_FILE> chunk 82.
linux:~/Desktop/linkssql/cgi-bin/admin/setup #
gzip: stdout: Broken pipe

And the script ends, like I said I have the latest DBI installed, by doing the following from our console:

perl -MCPAN -eshell
install DBI

The response is DBI is up to date.

So I don't think that's the problem....

Anyone with some tips I'd sure appreciate it, I hand typed in over 900 categories, and I can't possibly type in over 325,000 categories by hand and really need to use the dmoz parser.

Thanks for the assistance.

Harrison

P.S. Keep up the good work GT, the script gets better and better.

"I've got if's pretty good, but that's about it"