Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Beta Testers Wanted..

Quote Reply
Beta Testers Wanted..
We are beta testing a new search engine program and are looking for beta testers. If you have an account with telnet, mysql, DBI and DBD::mysql and are interested and trying out some new software, please send me an email.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Beta Testers Wanted.. In reply to
Hello Alex!

You can send me a copy and await for some interesting feedback! I would love to and looking forward to Smile

------------------
rajani

Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

I'd be really happy to help and have access to all the facilities you require except Telnet.

Can I make a suggestion, that it is possible for users to search for the links they want to modify- and then be presented with the selected record to change.

Rennie
Quote Reply
telnet is the most important part of this "script"..

jerry
Quote Reply
Jerry, when you refer to this script, are you talking about the one coming out or Links SQL? I am sure Telnet is important, but after debugging etc and maybe the occasional build through it, what else do you use it for?
Quote Reply
The new "beta" spider script can only be run by telnet or cron job. It times out if you try to run as a CGI.

The way it's supposed to be run is to trigger at an off hour every night, and run until it hits its stop parameters.

So, if you don't have telnet - or cron -, you really can't use this script -- at least at this time. I don't see why that would change, since the purpose of this script is to do a lot of crawling, and that wouldn't be done interactively ie: via cgi/html.

The only way to really put it through it's paces is with Telnet.

Links, once it's installed, can be managed through FTP and the HTML interface.

Quote Reply
Hi,

I'd like to help testing the script. Please contact me Smile

ekaram@ciudadempresarial.com
Quote Reply
Thanks to all the people who emailed me, I'll be emailing a message to everyone on the 27th after christmas with download instructions. I'll also be setting up a separate forum for this then to discuss.

In the meantime, I'm going to close this thread, so please just wait till the 27th. =)

Cheers,

Alex

Merry Xmas!

Alex