Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

[search.cgi] -- Search Failure

Quote Reply
[search.cgi] -- Search Failure
In brief:
parse_rdf of dmoz [y]
nph_index [y]
nph_build [y]

When doing a search for say, 'computers', it comes back and gives me (in my browser)

Links: Search Failed

Error: No matching links.

Ignored the following terms

o computers -- Too many

Search again?

[ ] [search]

What I would like is for search.cgi obviously to not do this, and be able to address all searches and produce results. I believe the indexing was weighted properly. Any suggestions, as you know, are highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Daywizard

Quote Reply
Re: [search.cgi] -- Search Failure In reply to
I would check your weights again, in both the Category and Links files. Make sure they are non-zero for the fields you want indexed.

Run the nph-index program again.

If that still doesn't work, check to make sure your links were really imported.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://postcards.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
I have set the Links (edit table definitions) to Title (3), URL (1), and Description (1). However, the Category table definitions had all 0's. So I have added (3) to the Name, and (1) to the description. Didn't see any URL or Title options in there. What do you think? Should there be anything added to the Category edit table definitions?

You know, I am looking for just a decent search and results. It has no problem displaying, if for instance, I tell it to search for 'PGP', but computers - a very common word, and it gets stage fright.

Any other insights would be of interest.

Daywizard

Quote Reply
In Search.pm you'll find some definitions at the top such as STOPWORD, TOOSMALL, etc. and one of those is TOOMANY. I'm not quite sure how "TOOMANY" is defined, but it is used in various routines in Search.pm

Maybe someone could help with how the condition of TOOMANY is met? (sorry I can't work it out myself Smile)

All the best
Shaun

Quote Reply
TOO MANY In reply to
Yeah if anyone knows what I need to set in search.pm so it doesn't tell me 'too many' results returned it would be hhhhhiiiggghly appreciated. I know Dmoz will have a lot of results for Computers, but AT Least don't tell me there is too many, cap it off if you must, but I need something displayed -- otherwise clients lose confidence. :)

Daywizard