Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

document database

Quote Reply
document database
Hello,

we are looking for a software, that can be used as an exchange board for documents.

A user should have the possibility to enter information in several textfields, which will be shown as the discription.

the user should upload the document to the server

subscribed user should be informed when new documents are published with all entered information, additionally with sending the file itself.

displaying a top 10 list of the newest submissions of each category and of all categories together, and to offer other websites to syndicate one of the top 10 newest submission, so it fits into their design.

the software should be able to run simultaniously in 4 languages, english, german french and spanish (i have read you are working on spanish). I read that you can translate it, but do they run simultanously?

so far my questions to linkssql

We are looking for a webmail software as well and found gossamer mail.

Do you offer packages with linkssql and gossamer mail?

I have read about your community scripts that bind all your programs together. Do you have more information about this, maybe it worth for us to wait until this is released.

When do you expect the release?

Best Regards

Blacky
Quote Reply
Re: [blacky] document database In reply to
Hi,

Links SQL will be able to do all of what you ask except the "informed when new documents are published". There is a newsletter you can use to email people new links, but it is not automatic (i.e. users are not informed immediately after the resource is added).

You can use the XMLResults plugin to offer syndicated search results (and you can use the search engine to pull up new listings in a specific category).

The software can run simultaniously in 4 languages. You would have on template set for each language.

We do offer discounts on packages of Gossamer Mail and Links SQL, email info@gossamer-threads.com for more details.

We expect the community to be available soon, but it will be designed to be added on to existing sites, so I wouldn't wait for it. I would start building the site first.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] document database In reply to
Hi Alex,

thanks for your fast answer!

That sounds good that everything would work.

The newsletter has to be send manually by the admin?

I saw on your site that you do custom programming.

Could you do an implementation for the "informed when new documents are published" feature? Or do you know a company that could do this?

Best Regards

Blacky
Quote Reply
Re: [blacky] document database In reply to
Hi,

We could definately build a plugin that would allow people to subscribe to categories, and then whenever a link is validated, send out an email to all subscribers.

Contact info@gossamer-threads.com for more details.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.