Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

# of links SQL can handle

Quote Reply
# of links SQL can handle
How many urls/links can SQL handle on your dedicated servers? Also can I import whole categories say one at a time using delimited ascii + script?
Quote Reply
Re: [advocacy] # of links SQL can handle In reply to
Hi. Links SQL can handle probably 2million links. GT have a demo online with the DMOZ data, which is over 3.3million links (not sure how-up-to date the demo is, I would imagine it was done when there were about 2million).

As for importing data...it is entirly possible. In what format would they be in? If you are only taking data from another site,then you could use nph-import.cgi to grab the data from DMOZ.org, and put it into your database (where you can obviously use it, edit it etc).

Hope that helps.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] # of links SQL can handle In reply to
>>
Hi. Links SQL can handle probably 2million links.
<<

No thats not the case....Links SQL can handle unlimited numbers of Links. It is the server that limits the amount of data you can store.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] # of links SQL can handle In reply to
Yeah...you are correct...just forgot to say that ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!