Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

What does the User Login feature do?

Quote Reply
What does the User Login feature do?
Hello everyone!

I'm wondering what the user login feature does? Will different things show up on the site when the user registers? Could I use this to make a custom start page?

God bless!

<><-----------------><>
Daniel
AKA Dan the Great
<><-----------------><>
Quote Reply
Re: What does the User Login feature do? In reply to
The user login up to Version 1.11 allows Registered users to login and if they are "Editors", they can access their categories, add links, delete links, and modify links. If they are "Administrators", you could add a link to the admin.cgi script.

If you use Widgetz (Jerry Su's) modify.cgi Mod, the user login can be used for Link Owners to add and modify links. But this is not an out-of-the box feature.

You could also add dynamic content based on user's status throughout your .cgi files.

In terms of robust user features, it has been stated before in the forums that the new version of Links SQL will include more robust user features and also password authentication for users to add and modify their profile and links.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Yes, it helps very much! I had tried it in the demo and didn't see a difference so that is why I asked. Thanks for your reply Eliot! God bless!

<><-----------------><>
Daniel
AKA Dan the Great
<><-----------------><>
Quote Reply
Well, the demo really does not show the full features of Links SQL. But if you try adding Registered Users and Editors, then play around with the maintain.cgi script, you will see what I am talking about.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
hola!

I'm using Links SQL 2.0.3 and I'd like to know if it's now possible for registered users to modify their profile... I can't find this option in the admin panel nor a clue in the forum...

Thank you,

bye

Quote Reply
Hi,

No, this is currently not implemented, but is something we are looking at adding.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.