Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Limiting Output and count

Quote Reply
Limiting Output and count
I'm sure this is an easy one for all you guys, hence my name!
What I would like to do is limit the build output from my database based on a field, such as "do_not_publish". I was thinking of using this so that I could keep all the problem links in the database until I had determined whether the problem was correctable or not.
I would like to have the links generate if "do_not_publish" <> "Yes". At the same time I need the link count to reflect only those links that have been published.
Is there an easy fix for this?

Quote Reply
Re: Limiting Output and count In reply to
Have you read the following Threads:

1) http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...w=collapsed&sb=5

2) http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...w=collapsed&sb=5

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Thanks for the quick response!

Actually I had read the one from Dan kaplan, which is pretty much along the same line. I really don't want to move them to another category though. Dan helped me with a links 2 test before I purchased the SQL so I have sent him a email.

This may not be the place but...I just had this installed monday (by Gossamer) and the Parse_RDF.pl gives me a server error. Where do I go set this up correctly?

Quote Reply
There are MANY Threads in the Links SQL Discussion Forum that address problems with the Parse_RDF.pl script. Search that forum and also search the Links SQL FAQ site that is linked in the Resource Center.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Re: Parse_RDF.pl In reply to
OK> I searched the resource center, No Matching Records.
It seems all the forum posts have to with problems stemming from working Parse_RDF.pl files.

Quote Reply
Uh...I said search the LINKS SQL FAQ site that is linked in the RESOURCE CENTER in the Links SQL: FAQ section. Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Ok did that same answer. Help for working files.
If you guys did the installation, why do I have search for the fix? Shouldn't it have been set up to work?

Quote Reply
First of all, I am not part of Gossamer Threads and I am trying to provide you some helpful advice. If Gossamer Threads installed the application for you and it is not working, then I would recommend contacting them directly. And I know that there are Threads that address installation problems in the Links SQL DIscussion Forum and the Links SQL FAQ site that pugdog maintains has quite a few links on importing data into MySQL and Links SQL.

Anyway...good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Sorry! I've probably read through 1000 posts in this thing already looking for what I want to know. To me it's frustrating raeding through 100 posts to find 1 sentence that might help. Maybe you should use all your posts to write a book, then you can tell people like me to buy your book instead of go search. I'd buy it.
By the way, after reading all your posts I thought you were Gossamer. My fault. I'll contact them tomorrow.

Regards