Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Go Cart
Dear Forum Member,

I am interested in buying Gossamer Links and the GoCart Plugin. Can someone tell me more about the GoCart Plugin.

Thank you ,

Webchef
Quote Reply
Re: [webchef] Go Cart In reply to
Hi,

The GoCart plugin just lets you setup products with your GLinks install, and sell them via PayPal, Authorize.net (or 2Checkout, if you install the additional module =)).

We use this on our site, and it works great :)

You can define things like tax, shipping costs, discounts, etc. A very cool system Cool

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Go Cart In reply to
Andy (mod),

Thank you for your reply.

Can I import shopping cart items for Go cart through the admin control panel ? How do I get the shopping cart buttons on my website?

Thank you,

Aaron
Webchef
Quote Reply
Hi,

No problem =)

Quote:
Can I import shopping cart items for Go cart through the admin control panel ?

Well, in a sense. The "products" are just links (thus you would be using GLinks as a catalog; but could also double it up as a links directory still).

Quote:
How do I get the shopping cart buttons on my website?

A good example, is our site= )

http://www.ultranerds.com/...L_Plugins/index.html

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Go Cart In reply to
 Andy (mod),

I appreciate your reply and great website.

I am going to use detailed pages for my products. How can I link to the "purchase button" from my products? Do each page I have put the "purchase button" or html form in or can I import ?

If I could import I will add just a field to the database?

Thank you,

Aaron
Webchef
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm not sure about a "direct" link (i.e cart.cgi?ID=1234); but GT may be able to help there.

Quote:
If I could import I will add just a field to the database?
Sorry, I'm not sure your using "import" in the context I'm reading it with :/

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Aaron,

Because all the pages are powered by templates, as long as you have the "Purchase Button" in the detailed.html template, it will appear for all your products, or more specifically, all your Links that are designated as Products for sale in the database.

As for an import, we'd have to take a closer look at your import file to answer definitively, but we are able to import just about any list of products that you might have and make them available for purchase on a site powered by GLinks with the GoCart plugin installed.

Let me know if you have any further specific questions, send me your data file to be imported in a Private Message perhaps so I can take a closer look at it.

Jack.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] Go Cart In reply to
Dear sir,

Thank you for your reply.

I am interested in buying GLinks and the GoCart plugin. I am in the process of creating my website , I should have a data file soon. I will let you know as soon as it is online.

Can you tell how I can add prices , description & quantity for all Links that are designated as Products for sale in the database.

Thank you,

Aaron
Quote Reply
Hi Aaron,

Those values you mentioned should most likely be fields within the database. We can help you create those fields and there are complete instructions in the User Manual that comes with GLinks, plus there's always support if you need it. http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/support/

Let me know if you have any further questions at all.

Jack.