Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

A few questions :)

Quote Reply
A few questions :)
Hi there

Sorry if some or all of the questions are a bit foolish.. Unsure

I like the features in Links SQL however Im no huge fan of the graphic interface.

My site looks like this: http://www.iland.dk/go.jpg

So my first question is
1) is it possible to change the templates for 'links' so it will look exactly like my pix above?
2) It is possible to provide each link with a shown description and then also a hidden one containing searchwords e.g. "oil, shell, gas, car" and so on?
3) Is it possible to make some links bold / featured? They have to stay in place in the alphabetic not be shown at the top
4) Is it possible to make some other links stay in the top of the category?
5) Some of my links have profiles - if you take a look at the picture its the one with the big fat 'i' icon. Would it be possible to asign such an icon to some of the links along with a url to the profile?
6) Would Links SQL handle speical characters like 'øæå / ÆØÅ'?
7) Is it possible to remove the 'rate it, review it, details' links from the interface?

Thats it for now
Thanks

Sincerely
Jim
Quote Reply
Re: [mrdenmark] A few questions :) In reply to
Hello Jim,

I have been using Links SQL for more than 2 years now and can say it is *great*.

To answer your questions

1 = Yes
2 = Yes
3 = Yes
4 = Yes
5 = Yes
6 = Yes I think so
7 = Yes

To do all this, I think all what you will need will be *little* knowledge of HTML. In addiiton to what you have asked for, I would also like to add that, Links SQL can do much much much much more. I have myself checked out many other scripts, but have yet to find something that can come even close to Links SQL.

Hope this helps.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Hi. Looks like Vishal answered most of your questions =)

In regards to;

Quote:
6) Would Links SQL handle speical characters like 'øæå / ÆØÅ'?

Sure. Non-english charachters are replaced with an _, but where the users see it, they will appear fine.

Thus, "mæn" would be shown as "m_n", but the user will still see "mæn" Smile

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] A few questions :) In reply to
Hi there

Thanks both to you Vishal and you Andy for your quick replies.
I think Im ready to buy the script now.. Just one final question :)

I know there are several firms offering costum build explorer combo bars (bars with search box'es and
maybe some settings ect) do you guys know a firm that is experienced in building a searchbar
searching in Links SQL? If yes what would approx. be a fair price to pay for such an application?

Sincerely
Jim
Quote Reply
Hi.

No problem :)

Quote:
I know there are several firms offering costum build explorer combo bars (bars with search box'es and
maybe some settings ect) do you guys know a firm that is experienced in building a searchbar
searching in Links SQL? If yes what would approx. be a fair price to pay for such an application?

We offer a service for this;

http://www.ultranerds.com/cgi-bin/details/96.html

A few examples of toolbars we have built can be found here;

http://www.ultranerds.com/..._Examples/index.html

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!