Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Recip_Link vs Gossamerthreads' version - Attn:Andy

Quote Reply
Recip_Link vs Gossamerthreads' version - Attn:Andy
hi,

I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the difference between Recip_Link by Ultranerds vs. Gossamerthreads' recip link checker?
2. Will Recip_Link by Ultranerds work with the latest version of GLinks?
3. I would be interested in hearing peoples experience with requiring recip links for directory submissions?

Thanks,

K

Last edited by:

kajukenbokid: Jul 11, 2005, 4:06 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [kajukenbokid] Recip_Link vs Gossamerthreads' version - Attn:Andy In reply to
Hi,

I have not see the GT version, but I'm rewriting Andy's version into the Ultra version for a specific customer.

My feeling about reciprocal links is that if you are just looking for SEOP you have to do more than allow it to
run automatically. You have to approve/disapprove specific requests for reciprocal linking, so you don't move
into bad neighborhoods. Most requests for reciprocal links will be from people/sites trying to do what you are
doing, and will most likely count against you, rather than for you. I don't like the idea of only having links that
have reciprocal links, since what happens is you have a circular type of link farm.

If you offer various levels of link inclusion, and one is reciprocal links -- if accepted -- then you can get away
with it if you are careful.

The real value for a directory is to have the person who entered a link into your x/y/z subdirectory, link back
TO THAT directory, not your home page.

Search engines don't tend to rank deep pages well, but pages with a lot of incoming links *will* rank better.

So, using static-look pages, with randomized link display and deep linking (checked by the recip checker)
can help your site generate some additional SEOP, or at least more visibility in the search engines.

Here is the thread I started last month:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=282981

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Recip_Link vs Gossamerthreads' version - Attn:Andy In reply to
I like the idea of having targeted internal links – this makes sense.

I also agree that you have to really check where the link is coming from as well – I believe in monitoring this closely.

My situation: I already have a high traffic website with high PR (PR8,) and I get request for links everyday, as you might imagine. I figure a directory would be a good way to give people ‘real-estate’ while bringing in some extra revenue and SEOP.

I do intend to revue each submission and approve/disapprove accordingly. But once in the directory, I need a tool that will automatically check to see if the link is where it is supposed to be (on the linkers website) and boot them off my directory (send warning email first or ??) if they take it down.

My suggestions (if it isn’t already there.):

1. We should be able to specify (for each listing) whether or not a recip link is required. This way when you run the tool to check to see if the recip links are still in place, it won’t knock off paid membership or listings where you don’t require recip links.
2. We should be able to specify for each listing what the back link is in terms of both link-text and the URL it is pointing to.
3. It would be nice if we can specify where recip links appear in relation to other listing types.

I basically want to populate the directory with DMOZ listings and then accept new listings with the recip link option in place – essentially I don’t want the recip link checker to knock off all the DMOZ listings!
  1. When do you see a release date for this?
  2. Can you clarify the annual renewals? Are you saying that if we buy your plugins we have to pay you a fee every year to keep on using it?

Thanks,

K
Quote Reply
Re: [kajukenbokid] Recip_Link vs Gossamerthreads' version - Attn:Andy In reply to
In Reply To:
hi,

I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the difference between Recip_Link by Ultranerds vs. Gossamerthreads' recip link checker?
2. Will Recip_Link by Ultranerds work with the latest version of GLinks?
3. I would be interested in hearing peoples experience with requiring recip links for directory submissions?

Thanks,

K

Where do you see GT's reciprocal link checker? I don't even knew that such plugin.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------