Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

upgrading to Links from links2

Quote Reply
upgrading to Links from links2
Can Links3 easily upload links from Links2 when I upgrade? Thanks, Gene Cayce genecayce@yahoo.comCrazy
Gene99
Quote Reply
Re: [gene99] upgrading to Links from links2 In reply to
Hi Gene,

Yes, GLinks has an import script so that all links handled by Links 2 can be preserved intact. When you purchase the GLinks license, we include installation and the import of your Links 2 data in the price.

Jack.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] upgrading to Links from links2 In reply to
Awesome. Thank you, Gene Cayce
Gene99
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] upgrading to Links from links2 In reply to
Hey again, What would be the easiest configuration that we can use to initially load these by/in bulk? To Links2. I cannot afford GLinks now. Straight to catagory data files like catagory "AA-AL" etc.? These are white page listings, residential & business. To manually upload 35,000 entries will take forever. Sorry I'm not up on this. It won't take me long though. Thanks, Gene Cayce
Gene99
Quote Reply
Re: [gene99] upgrading to Links from links2 In reply to
Hi Gene,

Links 2 uses a text-file database, which means a theoretical limit of about 2,500 entries, so it's not going to suit your purposes with 35,000 entries, my apologies.

We can write an import script to grab your listings from say a delimited text file exported from Excel into GLinks 3 if that works for you, but there is no doubt that Links 2 will not be able to handle the size of database you're contemplating.

Jack.

Last edited by:

Jack: Mar 6, 2007, 11:08 AM