Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Is it possible to add different sponsored link /ads on different page?

Quote Reply
Is it possible to add different sponsored link /ads on different page?
I noticed that the pages are created automatically by the program. Is it possible to add different sponsored link(just like Yahoo!) and other ads on different page built by the program? and How?

Thanks.

Last edited by:

drname: Sep 8, 2002, 9:48 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [drname] Is it possible to display different sponsored link /ads on different page? In reply to
I think the easiers method is by using a plugin like AdCycle (for sale plug-in). Though if your perl programming skills are up to it, or someone on here has already done it, it could be done fairly simply I suppose.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins

Last edited by:

Ian: Sep 8, 2002, 9:46 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Is it possible to display different sponsored link /ads on different page? In reply to
Thank you for your help. I know that AdCycle can manage ads campaign and generate ads code, which can be used to insert into html pages. I still have some questions regarding the Links SQL used with AdCycle.

Will the page inserted with ads code be overwritten if the page is updated automatically (build all or build changed)by the software?

Is it possbile to have different customerized page under different catalogue?
Quote Reply
Re: [drname] Is it possible to display different sponsored link /ads on different page? In reply to
When Links SQL build the pages, you just enter a <%tag%> where you want the banner toi appear. Links SQL does the rest, and inserts the appropriate codes into your page.

>>>Is it possbile to have different customerized page under different catalogue? <<<

How do you mean? Are you asking if you can assign certain banners to only be shown in certain categories? If that is the case, then yes, it is possible.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [drname] Is it possible to add different sponsored link /ads on different page? In reply to
Hi,

You can make a link sponsored by adding a field in the admin area called 'isSponsored', and then just changing the sort order to display sponsored links first. All this can be done without any changes in the code. In the html template, you can then make a link look differently by wrapping:

<%if isSponsored%> ... some graphic <%endif%>

As for the Adcycle plugin, yes, you can pick that an ad group will only be displayed in a given category, and it won't be overwritten when pages are built.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.