Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Alex or anyone in sales

Quote Reply
Alex or anyone in sales
Alex,

I have Links Sql 2.0.3 or something like that. Is there an upgrade price available?

Also, G. Forum subscription module. Does it cost extra? When is the release date?

Thanks,

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [dlpsr] Alex or anyone in sales In reply to
Alex,

Sorry I didn't put this in the first one. But why is there such a delay (couple seconds) between clicking
post reply or post and actually seeing the post appear. I have cable modem so my return is relatively
fast.

Dave
Quote Reply
When you say upgrade, what do you mean? If you are refering to 2.1....the only cost you would incur is the price of the installer doing the upgrade for you. If you are feeling brave...you may even try the upgrade yourself (would recommend reading quite a few related threads first).

Hope that helps Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Alex or anyone in sales In reply to
I was assuming I had to pay to upgrade my version to the newer version.
I changed my email address and have been out of touch to upgrade my version to the newer
ver. of Links Sql. Where do I go to get the newer version? Remember, I have a new email address and probably can't get in.

Dave
Quote Reply
Ah...in that case...you need to get in contact with sales@gossamer-threads.com , or support@gossamer-threads.com. You will need to provide them with your registration code, name etc...so they can track down your login details. Once you have those, you can goto the online download area, where you can get the latest version....as well as any template sets you want/need.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
See the following for licensing/upgrading:

http://gossamer-threads.com/...inks-sql/license.htm

Quote:
Also, G. Forum subscription module. Does it cost extra? When is the release date?

Probably best asked in the Gossamer Forum Discussion forum.

Quote:
But why is there such a delay (couple seconds) between clicking
post reply or post and actually seeing the post appear. I have cable modem so my return is relatively
fast.

I have a cable modem but "occassionally" use my dads 56k but it seems fairly quick for me - I don't get a delay.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Alex or anyone in sales In reply to
Paul,

I did ask about G. Forum over there. Nobody has answered.

On the delay, for some reason, when I'm posting here at GT forum,
it takes 5 seconds or thereabouts to finally post my message or reply,
just wondered why the delay. When I click post until it appears on my browser.

I have a licensed version of Links Sql. My email address has changed so if the upgrades are free,
I don't know how to access because I've been dropped off the email chain.

Thanks,

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote:
On the delay, for some reason, when I'm posting here at GT forum,
it takes 5 seconds or thereabouts to finally post my message or reply,
just wondered why the delay. When I click post until it appears on my browser.

Ah I know...part of the reason is mailings....when you post some mailings are sent out, first to the person you are replying to but also people "watching" the thread.

Regarding downloading the upgrade, you'll need to do as Andy mentioned.
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Alex or anyone in sales In reply to
Thanks. I will contact support

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Alex or anyone in sales In reply to
Thanks Paul.
Quote Reply
Hi Dave,

Sorry for the late reply. Indeed, there is no cost to download the upgrade to Links SQL, you might want to call our office and speak to Tarrin about the download access information, she'll be able to provide you with that pretty quickly. Or just send an email to orders@gossamer-threads.com.

Jack.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Ong, C.O.O., Gossamer Threads, Inc.
9th Floor, 100 West Pender, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6B 1R8
Email: <jack@gossamer-threads.com>
Tel: (604) 687-5804 Fax: (604) 687-5806