Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

White Label License

Quote Reply
White Label License
Hello Folks,

I am very keen in Link SQL. May i remove all Link SQL links, logos and copyright notices if I pay USD 450 for this product?. Also is PHP version of Link SQL is as powerful as the perl version?.

Thx,
Andy
Quote Reply
Re: [cowcool] White Label License In reply to
Hi. You can remove all the references to GT if you want. I wouldn't recommend start doing it on the admin panel though, as thats a pretty time consuming job ;)

The PHP version *is* the Perl version. You simply have page.php, which gives a PHP script for users to access, instead of using page.cgi (dynamic).

Hope that answers your questions :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] White Label License In reply to
I'd just like the clarify the differences between the PHP frontend and the Perl frontend. There *are* differences. The big one is that Perl plugins will not work with the PHP frontend. Also development on the PHP frontend has been halted. The next version of Links SQL will include payment support, but the PHP frontend will not get this upgrade.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] White Label License In reply to
Yeah, forgot to say that. I did start working on a plugin kinda system (just modifications to the .php include files. I kinda got it working, and managed to get a few things working... but its no where near as powerful as the Perl plugin stuff :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] White Label License In reply to
So , I will have to learn perl to modify Link SQL?
Quote Reply
Not really. Basic Perl is good, because it means you can write your own globals. However, if you don't want to learn Perl... then there are literally 80+ plugins that do a lot of what you want... see here for a list of mine (yogi,Laura,webmaster33,gossamer and more, all have plugins);

http://new.linkssql.net/page.php?page=products

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
So , I will have to learn perl to modify Link SQL?

Hi cowcool,

No you don't.

I have been using Links SQL on my site and can tell you one thing for sure, "You don't need to know any programming languages to use Links SQL". Just by knowing the basic HTML tags you can easily create a new layout/template to look similar to your web site.

Also, before you think about getting any new custom module/plugin made, I would say you might want to try seaching here on the discussion board, chances are, probably someone has already asked the question and you will find a solution to your requirement.

Self promotion :: visit the web site in my profile, and be sure that it is using Links SQL and I don't know perl or php either (yet ;) ).

Hope this helps :)

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by:

NeedScripts.Com: Feb 2, 2004, 5:16 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

Just thought I'd add that you can remove all logos/links/copyrights from the templates (anything visible to the end user), but can't remove them from the source (which is not visible to the end user). =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.