Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

1) User Admin of Links? 2) Common Auth w/ custom apps?

Quote Reply
1) User Admin of Links? 2) Common Auth w/ custom apps?
GT Gurus,

1) I'm trying to develop an intranet environment where my non-technical users can publish their own content. 1.1) When adding a link, does the screen allow for both the uploading of content as well as the adding of the link? 1.2) Can I allow users (or groups of users) to manage links/content only under specific categories?

2) I've got a few custom PHP applications that current all look to the same cookie for authentication (i.e. cookie_userid). I notice that Links SQL now has users. Can I tap into Links SQL's authentication for my custom apps? Do you store a cookie of something?

Thanks much - this will help me determine if I can use the Gossamer products for my portal needs.
Quote Reply
Re: [astinson] 1) User Admin of Links? 2) Common Auth w/ custom apps? In reply to
Hi,

1. You can attach one or more files when users or admins add/modify a link. There is an editor system where editors can login and manage only a specific category.

2. Yes, Links SQL stores a session cookie to authenticate users. There are a number of plugins which you can look at to integrate Links SQL into other applications.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.