Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

A couple of quick questions

Quote Reply
A couple of quick questions
Please forgive me if some of the things that I ask are redundant ...

For some time now, I have been comparing scripts to try and decide which would be best for the portal site I want to create. I have pretty much decided that Links SQL is the best way to go, but I need to know a few things first:

1. Can Gossamer, anyone here in the forums, or any other 3rd party create custom templates for the style and design I want to use for the portal (obviously at additional cost) ?

2. Is it possible to change the search algorithm or method used, such that periodically, the SERP could be altered to combat spamming ?

3. Is there a plugin available, or can one be written, such that I could retrieve extra information about the websites, or links, that I would be adding to my database (ie meta tag info, etc) ?

As this project will, in the end, turn out to be a rather large project, the aforementioned are quite important for me ...

Thanks much in advance for your replies :-)
Quote Reply
Re: [jas5108] A couple of quick questions In reply to
Hi Jas5108,

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

Hope this helps :)

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [NeedScripts.Com] A couple of quick questions In reply to
Andy and Pugdog are our resident experts on all matters great and small. Contact them via a PM and see what happens. GT certainly can help. So it is a yes, yes, yes. Just a matter of dollars.