Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Have a link or category show first ?

Quote Reply
Have a link or category show first ?
Is there a SIMPLE way in Links SQL to have certain links or categories (the one I choose) to show first in search results when a keyword is enter.

For example, if the keyword "Real Estate" is searched, can I have my own website link show first ?

If yes, can this be EASELY done ? (by for example just ticking something in theat link properties).

I'm French, so please excuse my english :)

Regards,
Cedric.
Quote Reply
Re: [Chewda] Have a link or category show first ? In reply to
Hi,

The easiest way to do this is:

1. Get the Adcycle or AdvertPRO banner plugin, and use keyword ads. You can create an ad, and have it show up on specific searches.

2. Get the PPC plugin. This has support for making a link show up first for specific keyword searches.

Those are the two easiest ways..

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Have a link or category show first ? In reply to
Ok... I'm interested in the AdvertPro plug-in, but I would first like to know something.

I want my customers to buy a certain number of exposure of their banner. For example, a customer will buy 1000 views of its banner for the keywords "Real estate" and "real-estate".

Can the Advert Pro plug-in handle that or do I need the Shopping Cart Plug-in ?

Cedric.
Quote Reply
You would need to manually process the payments yourself, AFAIK.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Have a link or category show first ? In reply to
Even if I use the shopping-cart plug-in ?

Besides is there a way in AdvertPro to handle the payment information such as credit card number and so on. Because I can handle the payment process manually, but Can my customers provide their credit card info via AdvertPro or not ?

Cedric.
Quote Reply
I don't think the shopping cart would 'update' a users credit in the AdvertPro stuff. You would most likely need a custom script written, which would act as a payment validation system, and if it is all ok, then it will update their credit accordingly.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!