Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Can There Be Admin Controlled Print?

Quote Reply
Can There Be Admin Controlled Print?
Just wanted to know wrt functional utility.

LSQl is say used for Yellow Pages sort of directory services. Now would it be possible to have the complete directory entries converted to soft copy through a Print under Admin control so that the data can be given to the priniting press for taking out hard copy of YP. with following format:

Listing in Alphabetical Order.

Is this possible?

If yes then any additional costs involved over and above the standard price.?

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Can There Be Admin Controlled Print? In reply to
It would really involve writing a plugin, so that it basically do the same as nph-build.cgi, but instead of writing to .html pages, it writes in in admin defined text.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Since Andy mentionned plugins...

You could use my PageBuilder plugin to create one or several PDF pages with all the information on it you need (either all links in one document, or a separate document for each individual link).

This requires a working installation of HTMLDOC.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Can There Be Admin Controlled Print? In reply to
Hi,

Thnx for the response. Actually it was just a pre purchase qstn and was just weighing the same against dumping the data, importing offline into Oracle and doing it through Report Writer.

How soon the purchase would happen would depend on how fast we can achieve a target of 2000 Subscribers for a subscription based service that we are starting by 15th of this month hopefully. Actually just put this qstn as I had seen a thing of downloading an Online Report in Excel format on one of the softwares of oxmatrix.com.

Thanx Ivan & Andy.

Anup
Quote Reply
Hi,

Andy and Ivan are right. "Out of the box", there is no built in way to display all links on a single page. You would need a plugin to do this.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Can There Be Admin Controlled Print? In reply to
Hi,

And how much would that plugin cost?

Thnx

Anup