Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Adcyle Plugin

Quote Reply
Adcyle Plugin
I have been looking at the adcyle plugin and jumped off to the adcyle website to checkout their demo. It looks like adcyle is no longer under development according to posts in the their forum. Should that be of concern? How does adcyle integrate with links sql?

Many Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: [aquaman] Adcyle Plugin In reply to
Hi,

Yes, we've been talking with the Adcycle developer about this to see what can be done. Also, they are no longer charging for the software so we have dropped the price of all our Adcycle plugins to $75 accordingly (will be updating this on our site soon). You are just purchasing the plugin now, and no longer get an Adcycle registration key.

The plugin provides an automated install and setup of the software, as well as integration with Gossamer Links. Integration includes:

a. Template tags for displaying ads.
b. Template tags for category specific ads.
c. Template tags for search result keyword specific ads.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Adcyle Plugin In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,

Yes, we've been talking with the Adcycle developer about this to see what can be done. Also, they are no longer charging for the software so we have dropped the price of all our Adcycle plugins to $75 accordingly (will be updating this on our site soon).
Cheers,

Alex

Alex,
I'm very much interested in the Adcycle plugin, when will you be updating the price on the website?

Theo

http://www.atyourspace.com

Quote Reply
Adcycle uses a lot of resources. I am not sure if has been updated but I used adcycle about 4 years and had to disable it because of high amount of server resources it needed.
Quote Reply
I've placed a similar question and got almost no response :(

We do really need to place category-targeted banners, otherwise it all becomes nonsence. Here is my question: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=287901

Last edited by:

Danilov: Dec 26, 2005, 11:09 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Danilov] Adcyle Plugin In reply to
Hi,

The Adcycle plugin does allow you to use a template tag to place category specific ads. Is this what you are asking?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hmmm, AdCycle itself is not a best way to serve banners, however. CPU consuming product as it was mention here many times.

I'd gladly pay for a more universal plug-in which could work with almost any banner system.