Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

How upgrade link2.0 to linkSQL?

Quote Reply
How upgrade link2.0 to linkSQL?
1.Can upgrade link 2.0 of link.db to link SQL?

2.How upgrade link 2.0 of link.db to link SQL?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [hkmsp1] How upgrade link2.0 to linkSQL? In reply to
Hi,

1. Yes!

2. Install Links SQL, and go to Database->Import/Export->Import from Links 2.x. It will allow you to import your old links.db and categories.db files.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [hkmsp1] How upgrade link2.0 to linkSQL? In reply to
>>
1.Can upgrade link 2.0 of link.db to link SQL?
<<

Yes.

>>
2.How upgrade link 2.0 of link.db to link SQL?
<<

In the Links SQL control panel you'd go to Database > Import/Export and follow instructions.

Its as simple as entering a file path.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Dec 23, 2001, 2:34 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] How upgrade link2.0 to linkSQL? In reply to
I have a few mods on my Links2, would that have an effect on the import/export script when switching to LinkSQL?

Will the mods in L2 bug things up for LSQL or over look them?

Thanks in advance

Ray
______________Siggy________________
wow 12 years later, and other than I can hear crickets and owls in the background, it looks all the same. even post are still here, not relevant anymore but like tumble weeds to give ya something of a resemblance of life.
Quote Reply
Re: [2Dum2no] How upgrade link2.0 to linkSQL? In reply to
Depends on what the mods are. If its just extra fields, then Links SQL takes care of that, and creates those for you in Links SQL. If they are hardcoded functions, the chances are they already exist in Links SQL, or it is a simple case of making a global Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] How upgrade link2.0 to linkSQL? In reply to
Graphic Mod and SubCategory Mod and jump.cgi is set to detailed page. Will there be a problem with these are are these standard in LSQL???

Thanks for the reply.

Ray
wow 12 years later, and other than I can hear crickets and owls in the background, it looks all the same. even post are still here, not relevant anymore but like tumble weeds to give ya something of a resemblance of life.
Quote Reply
Hi...I don't think any of those mods will be a problem....should be pretty easy to set them up. Someone else (at GT?) may want to confirm this before you make the purchase Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I am sorry, I ment these were the mods that I have already on L2. Would the export /import of LSQL have a problem importing the L2 files/links data into its program? due to these mods? And are these features already standard features of LSQL?

Thanks for the reply.

Ray
Quote Reply
Yeah, I knew that Smile. There should be no problem with importing, but all of these features should be possible in LSQL (don't think any of them are setup by default, or actual 'features', but they can easily be made to work)....

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Gottcha` Thanks.Angelic
Quote Reply
I also have a Priority Mod on Links 2.0. Will Links SQL be able to import that as well?
Quote Reply
Re: [MadCool] How upgrade link2.0 to linkSQL? In reply to
Very easy. Just add a new column to your database, INT, yes/no, 1/0 (drop down)...then edit the ORDER that the links are sorted by, to contain your new priority field at the top of it. I'm literally just off to bed, so I'm afraid I can't go into any more details....its 11:30pm here,so I need some well deserved sleep Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk