Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Questions on using Glinks for a review site

Quote Reply
Questions on using Glinks for a review site
Hi,

I'm planning a review site and after starting with 5 star review script, I suddenly stumbled on Gossamer Links and realize it has a review system integrated. It looks better and more versatile from what I can gather, and I think would make my site in general much easier to manage. I have a few questions I'd like to ask to make sure the review system will meet my needs:

Can a picture be included in the display of an item to be reviewed? For example, say my site is about CD reviews and I list all Pearl Jam albums for review. Can a picture of each Pearl Jam CD to be reviewed be incorporated?

What is the maximum number of review criteria available for use, and can they be customzed any way I wish?

I did some looking around here and saw www.dropzone.com , which seems to have accomplished what I'm looking to do...If the owner of that site is reading this, is that heavily customized or done with various plug ins or a combo?

In general, how difficult is it to incorporate Gossamer Links into the look of the site it will be used for? I'm only marginally skilled with web development.

Any info provided would be much appreciated!

Best,
--Somedevil
Quote Reply
Re: [somedevil] Questions on using Glinks for a review site In reply to
Hi,

One good example of a review application might be: http://www.girlfriends.com/reviews/ and this one: http://www.folica.com/ has a hugely customised installation that focuses on hair products with some having hundreds of reviews.

Images can be included by default, we can use a custom plugin to re-size them automatically, and all the review criteria can be custom setup as well.

If you feel you cannot handle the template mods, we can help you along with that, and can give you a quote on it if we have an example to follow or work by the hour.

Jack.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] Questions on using Glinks for a review site In reply to
Jack, thank you for the speedy reply!

So I'm sure I understand correctly...Putting the look of the site aside, in terms of functionality, would using my own set of criteria be possible initially without requiring customization? I guess what I'm asking is if this is something I could configure on my own thru the admin function?

Am I correct in assuming the template mods refers to integrating Gossamer Links into the design of my site?

Based on the dropzone site, and the links you've referred me to, Gossamer Links definitely looks like it can do what I want it to do, and a lot more, which is good.
Quote Reply
Re: [somedevil] Questions on using Glinks for a review site In reply to
Hi,

Yes, with some diligent reading of the User Manual we provide, you should be able to accomplish what you're setting out to do. If you need help along the way with customising, let me know and I'll get you a quote based on what you're trying to do. The examples should give you some ideas, maybe further your specifications a little bit.

Jack.