Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Pre-Sale Questions

Quote Reply
Pre-Sale Questions
Hi -

I'm looking for a links directory script that will allow me to offer two levels of non-paid listings for a gallery directory that I'm building. The free "basic" listing will include a simple text link with a brief description for gallery sites that offer 50 images, while the "enhanced" free listing will be available to sites that have 300 or more images. The enhanced listings need to include a larger text link, longer description & a thumbnail image. People will be able to submit their sites for an enhanced listing, but the final determination as to the type of listing they'll receive in the directory will be up to the Admin. Also, the admin needs to have the ability to assign a rating to each site during the submission process (a simple thumbs up or thumbs down type of rating.) One last thing... each listing (both basic and enhanced) should feature assignable icons for the various forms of payment that each site accepts (Visa, MC, Paypal, Clickbank, etc.)

Will Links do this for me without any major customizations?
Quote Reply
Re: [Cliff] Pre-Sale Questions In reply to
Hi,

Sure, you should be able to do that. For each user, you would have a new field - TypeOfAccount Simple/Enhanced. Then, for each account that you want to have where they can submit more images.

Then, the harder bit would be a plugin to limit this. It would need to hook in on the add_link hook, to make sure the if the user is actually allowed to add any more. It could also do the description "length" checks, and return an error if either of them come up as a problem. This would need to really be done as a custom job though - please PM/email me if your interested.

Quote:
One last thing... each listing (both basic and enhanced) should feature assignable icons for the various forms of payment that each site accepts (Visa, MC, Paypal, Clickbank, etc.)

Sure thats easily done =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!