Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Pre-Sale Questions

Quote Reply
Pre-Sale Questions
I currently use the free version of links and am familiar with the database file. But I noticed with 3.0 that it uses mysql and was wondering if I would still have a links.db to work with? I currently use it for many purposes such as targetting advertising leads, etc.

Also, how difficult would putting a prioirty modication on the system to allow for me to set priority sites that show up before everyone elses.

Also, will importing my current database be a hard thing?

I am looking to purchase the program next weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: [LordStryfe] Pre-Sale Questions In reply to
Quote:
I currently use the free version of links and am familiar with the database file. But I noticed with 3.0 that it uses mysql and was wondering if I would still have a links.db to work with? I currently use it for many purposes such as targetting advertising leads, etc.
No, Gossamer Links does not use the links.db file. Everything is stored in the database.

Quote:
Also, how difficult would putting a prioirty modication on the system to allow for me to set priority sites that show up before everyone elses.
You could do that by adding an extra column (eg. Priority), then changing the sort order of links to sort by the Priority, then Name.

Quote:
Also, will importing my current database be a hard thing?
No, there is an importer built into the GLink's admin panel.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Pre-Sale Questions In reply to
Quote:
Would I be able to access this database for reporting purposes?
Quote Reply
Re: [LordStryfe] Pre-Sale Questions In reply to
Yes, you can.

Adrian