Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Pre-Installation Prep

Quote Reply
Pre-Installation Prep
Hi:
I am planning to purchase Gossamer Links, but I have a question.
I will be starting from scratch, without a link list databse to import.
My question:
A while ago Adultnetsurprise ran a "newbie" link list development project using your free link list script.
In their introduction, they said the following:
Quote:
We will not be starting this project with the installing of the script! We will start with all the preparation which is needed to make the site complete once the is script working. The script will be the last part we will work on. This just to prevent coding mistakes and a lot of stress to fix the mistakes.
Quote:
What preparations (creation of directories, etc.), if any, do you recommend prior to installing the script?
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [leesar] Pre-Installation Prep In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
A while ago Adultnetsurprise ran a "newbie" link list development project using your free link list script.
In their introduction, they said the following:

What preparations (creation of directories, etc.), if any, do you recommend prior to installing the script?
Thanks.

I think what they were referring to, was the fact they were going to use the Links 2 (flat file) version to setup the initial site, and then upgrade to GLinks once they had some content (links) and traffic coming to the site. NB: Links 2 isn't free, but its cheaper than GLinks 3.x [and if you get the Links 2 version, its $150, and then you can upgrade for a lower fee than the standard $450. This gives you the ability to get a basic site up-and-running, with a lower start up cost (until you start making some money Smile)

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!