Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Possible to switch languages after purchase?

Quote Reply
Possible to switch languages after purchase?
Hi,

is it possible to get another language version after purchasing?

Thanks,
Sven
Quote Reply
Re: [sun112] Possible to switch languages after purchase? In reply to
Hi Sven,

Yes, it's possible, but will require an additional license switch fee as the versions that are not in English are handled by partners of ours. For more information, please call the office or submit a Contact form.

Jack.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] Possible to switch languages after purchase? In reply to
I thought your feature list mentions "Multiple Language Support". And I even see that you have a French version of the description of your product. To be honest, I only need 2 languages (English and French) as my main 2 audience speaks English-only or French-only. So in your previous message, you mentioned that there is a fee for the translation switch, but it's not mentionned in you product description.

So what is it?
Quote Reply
Re: [billionair] Possible to switch languages after purchase? In reply to
Surely then, you want to run 2 languages off one installation?
each language has a separate template set.
Quote Reply
Hi,

The French version of Links is quite old, we did not have enough sales of it to justify upgrading it to GLinks 3 specifications unfortunately, although we had high hopes for it.

If you purchase GLinks 3 with the Multi-language plugin, we'd be happy to provide you with the French Links SQL templates and language file so there is less work involved for you in the translation.

Let me know if you require any further clarification at all.

Jack.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] Possible to switch languages after purchase? In reply to
Well, by purchasing the GLinks 3 at 450$, doesn't the Multi-language plugin automatically comes with it as one of the included features?
Quote Reply
The multi-language plugin is an add-on because it does more than just allowing you to add a new language, you can build static pages for each and users can hop back and forth between languages without losing their place in the directory. More information available here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/plugins/multilang/

Jack.