Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Outsourcing Links

Quote Reply
Outsourcing Links
Ok, say we have a normal links with cats like cars, toys, food in statically way.
But you have another site only for kids and want this cat only shown at this site in the design of this second site.
So it could be done with a dynamic call and the pass of a ?design=1

Then in sql, there is something like; if design=1 then take template category_1.html, links_1.html, footer_1.html ... instead of category.html ...

I have never worked with dynamic way before, is there any document more then the forum?

Robert

Quote Reply
Re: Outsourcing Links In reply to
If my memory serves me correct, I believe that there is a FAQ in pugdog's Links SQL FAQ site that addresses this issue. In addition, there should be documentation in the Links SQL release about using different template files with the page.cgi script.

Regards,

Quote Reply
Re: Outsourcing Links In reply to
Yes, Eliot is correct. Use page.cgi?t=TEMPLATENAME where TEMPLATENAME is a directory in your templates directory. It will then use that set of templates. You can also go straight to a category by doing page.cgi?t=TEMPLATENAME&g=CATEGORY where CATEGORY is the category you want to go to. Look at the online demo and the Snap, Altavista and Yahoo templates for an example.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.