Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Newbie wants to know about SE friendliness

Quote Reply
Newbie wants to know about SE friendliness
Alright,
I am getting ready to jump into the lake and play with you guys. I know that it's going to be a learning process, but I am going to have to start somewhere.

I plan to build a typical "directory-with-user-submitted-reviews" website for a local city and I was concerned about the search engine friendliness of Links SQL. I tried to do a search in this forum, but got lost in all the jargon.

Can someone just start from the beginning and tell whether it's possible to get LinksSQL spidered without much modification to the template system? Can I just "flip a switch" and build static html pages?

Please enlighten me on the search engine spidering features of LinksSQL.

Thank you.

Last edited by:

skunker: Aug 11, 2004, 9:27 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [skunker] Newbie wants to know about SE friendliness In reply to
Hi,

Yes, Links SQL is designed to build static html pages which are very spiderable. From the admin menu you can just click on Build->Build All and it will take your directory of links and create a series of html pages that users can visit, and that will be easily indexed by search engines.

Hope that helps,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [skunker] Newbie wants to know about SE friendliness In reply to
One SE friendly technique I use in Links SQL is to put the category name to the far left of each title page. You can easily do this by modifying the subcategory page template or whichever one it is.

Regards,
Peter Puglisi
www.ausfreedom.com
Ultimate Freedom is our game.