Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Links & WWWThreads

Quote Reply
Links & WWWThreads
Finally i have installed my WWWThreads, now i will implement a hidden function that automatically writes the username and password from links to the right table of wwwthreads; i havenīt thought very long about this, cause it should be an relativ easy thing to add a new line in a table, but befor is start, i ask here if someone has done this before?
Are there any special things i should know?

BTW: As i read some time ago (when using links 2.0) there are a lot of people using some different bannersystems with their links; has someone done this with a special usertracking? e.g. you could ask the user when registering for some special things (probably with pulldowns or check-fields) and send banner especially for this user?
How would you do this? By calling the external scripts, with SSI?

In Austria there is a very good system born, running with all big german adult-banner-exchanges; ist written in c, and i have my license here, so has someone tried to bring links together with faaasteXchange?

The next days i will play with the wwwthreads (there are a lot of things not translated and we cant offer a mixed language thing) and im afraid of editing 1 mio. script-parts :-(
After this i will go straight to the exchange and usertracking; if someone is interested to join experience for these themes, dont hesitate to write.

Another 16 hours-day is gone, time to sleep.

Robert

Quote Reply
Re: Links & WWWThreads In reply to
In Reply To:
Are there any special things i should know?
WWWThreads encrypts passwords

Quote Reply
Im not so far to see this; but i work on a small mod, to let users register for different groups; maybe ready tomorrow.
Robert

Quote Reply
Ok, but if you plan to use the read and store passwords and usernames on the same table, you'll need to somehow deal with this "problem".

Good Luck!

Quote Reply
I also have wwwthreads (and will buy links when the new release is available) and I wanted to do something similar to what you said. I dont know yet how though...

I wanted to use wwwthreads profiles and registration with links so each addition to the links database (my links will be a collection of recipes actually, not sites) is related to a user name (and profile) in the same way as a post to wwwthreads is related to the profile....

SO a user would register, using wwwthreads registration, and his username will allow him to post to the forum as well as links sql. A post to links (you have to be registered to post a link) wil be linked to teh profile. I want to take this a bit further and allow users to search for all links submitted from this user from the profile (remember this will be a recipes collection. It makes sense if you like a recipe from user xxx to be able to look at other recipes from the same user).

Another user sometime ago wanted to do the same thing and he said it was not hard to do. Because I dont know yet anything about MySQL it may take me some time to do this and I thougth I better wait for the next version....