Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Google Style Adwords, & SEO

Quote Reply
Google Style Adwords, & SEO
I am looking at Links SQL and I have one real concern and another question or two.

The concern is Search Engine friendliness, I use Links 2.0 on another site and it's GREAT, I made it faster into the Search Engines faster with that site than any other site I have started. I know some has been written here in the forums about this I now. My #1 issue is being listed in the search engines, all the other features in the world with not help, if I am not listed. What spaicfically in Links SQL is done to address this issue?

Question #1 - I do not like sites where I have to enter a name and password to list my site. I have another directory from In-Link and that site has been up for a year and has very links in it, after being promoted via email and on the home page. In fact only 67 links! My new site site http://flight-training-school.com has 165 links after 30 days and the same email campaign. Can Links SQL be run so that a user name and password is not required?

Question #2 - I want to have Google sytle adwords on my right hand side, any support for that?
Quote Reply
Re: [kimber] Google Style Adwords, & SEO In reply to
Without a username and password, you have no way to really control the quality of the links. Spammers will raid your site, and it will become useless.

Your comparason of two sites may be flawed. Are they the _same_ target audience? Was the mailing done at the same time? Are the links added to the open site all "on target" or are many of them off-topic?

Links can be run as an open directory, but it's risky, and usually ends up taking more maintennance time in the long run.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Google Style Adwords, & SEO In reply to
So far I have never had a problem with spammers, likely because my stuff is not "mass market".

As for the other comparrisons, yes same market and even though not at the same time, the one site has been around for over a year and the other is only 6 weeks old.

The bottom line I *think* is that the new site (LInks 2.0) is listed in search engines in top positions after only 6 weeks, the other site (In-Link, database driven) does not show up at all.

Even if the feature of Links SQL are fabulous, if it is not search engine friendly it does not matter.
Quote Reply
Hi,

1. No, there is an option in Links SQL to enable/disable whether a user must register before adding a link.

2. Yes, you can insert the javascript required for google adwords into the template.

Hope that helps,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Google Style Adwords, & SEO In reply to
My client is using Google Adsense and is earning over 1k a month just with one website. His site has over 30,000 pages and each of them has a Unique Title (Thanks to LinksSQL) and my client is happy. I do all the development work for him and the kind of traffic he receives makes him happy.

We are considering some plugins from Andy soon to make his portal even more rich.
>> Nakul Goyal (SEO, Link Building Expert)
Web Site Promotion
Tips 'n' Tricks
SEO News

Quote Reply
Re: [nakulgoyal] Google Style Adwords, & SEO In reply to
Here is one solution you can use the smart search script for ppc and can call on link directory by java script to present ppc results for each category
Megrisoft
Web Hosting Company
India Software Company
SEO Company

Quote Reply
>> Even if the feature of Links SQL are fabulous, if it is not search engine friendly it does not matter.

Yes, they are :) I've staked my business future on GT-based technology, specifically that originally designed for Links SQL, and it's not a decision I regret, lose sleep over, or worry about. In fact, it's about the ONLY decision I don't worry about :)

As for search engine friendliness, yes it's important. But as the web becomes dynamic, the search engines are moving to adapt. Even google supports frames for it's adsense, despite the reports that frames are dying, dead or otherwise bad. The search engines are adapting to technology very well.

People -- especially webmasters -- are not. What Links SQL does is mostly all common sense. Sites that do not change titles on pages, or meta data (for automatied description listing), and such start to lose out to sites that have made their sites "friendly." But it's *NOT* search engine friendliness -- its USER FRIENDLINESS. What goes good for the user, is what goes good for the search engines. Anything done to specifically placate a search egine -- especially if it's not USER friendly -- is a wasted effort. It will eventually be caught and your position, which depended on that, will be lost.

It's much better to find a formula that works through the changes, and that means good site design, good content, USEFUL content, something people want to see or need. Doesn't have to be mass market (some highly linked sites show vist counters in triple digits), but it does have to have something USEFUL. You are much better to hang out at position 11 or 15, than to be in the top 5 one month, and off the index completely the next.

Anyway. I'm posting random thoughts on Google etc. on Ultranerds as I am motivated, or irked to action.

Most of what irks me is what I read in the various google discussion forums. It's utter nonsense, but people want to believe. Or, perhaps, as one fellow who irked me in another thread in this forum put it, people post dis-information, and promote disinformation in these sort of forums for their own benefit. "...people who know, don't post." So, these google sites, are really for the benefit of a few who run them, or manipulate them, rather than the masses who visit them. In that light, if you read the forums, and put a 90-180 degree spin on what they are saying (for the most part) maybe it will start to make more sense.... ???

As for my spin? I don't really have one. I simply want to understand what is going on, and develop sites that maximize *real* revenue that I can count on, retire on, and perhaps pass on to my kids. That's not a spin, that's a long-term business plan. Tricks/fads don't work. Andy and I are building tools and programs to help maximize YOUR revenue by developing quality add ons for your sites which solve specific problems. At the same time, we are using the plugins and software to develop our own sites. I am building dozens of sites for my brick-mortar businesses, and am using the software, the ideas, and concepts to develop and promote them.

There are no "secrets". Eventually they get out, so why not simply share them, and move on? If everyone is working to improve the web, the search engines, the quality of search results, and such, isn't the web a better place for *everyone* ?? Real content will squeeze out the spam by survival of the fittest. :) Oh, we can dream :)

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.