Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Gocart login sequence

Quote Reply
Gocart login sequence
I've noticed that the login process when you purchase a product is not intuitive.

In the demo application one has to create an account, wait for a activation code and then enter it. After all of this one has to move back to the login page and enter the userid / password.

Can this be simplified in anyway?

Last edited by:

shrirch: Apr 28, 2003, 9:00 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [shrirch] Gocart login sequence In reply to
Hi,

The shopping cart uses Links SQL login/authentication. In the Links SQL setup you can turn off email validation making the signup process much quicker for the end user.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Gocart login sequence In reply to
Would this mean that the login process will work through the Auth_VBulletin process also?

I'd like to continue using vb and just purchase linksql + gocart for the new site.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Gocart login sequence In reply to
What about "auto fill" ? If the user is known, then the fields stored in the database, should be auto filled when the user enters the cart area. Sadly, I still can't seem to get that to work. It's a disincentive to a user. (One company I deal with, I have to create a new account each time, because their interface is so bad, it won't recognize me -- I have more than one record in their database with my name, phone, zip, and/or email <sigh>

Once GoCart knows the user is OK (by log on) all user fields -- address, billing, etc should be filled in. Maybe not store credit card info, but at least data the user may not want to enter again and again -- *at least* name, email, city, state, zip code, <G>.

I still *really* want to use this program, but I'm being blocked by these quirks, and the shipping calculations.

The interfaces are slick and clean, the integration with links is great (and potentially can take input from external sources), the back end is nice... it's just like my new puppy... it's got to get it's front end and back end coordinated in the same direction at the same time <G>

"Quick" logon, "one-click", etc are what people expect, especially if they've typed the information in once already to "create" their account.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [shrirch] Gocart login sequence In reply to
It should I'm looking at the Auth_vBulletin coe right now and all it does is override Links SQL's authentication interface. As long as I'm not doing anything wrong in GOCart, it should work without any problems, if not, it's a bug in my code.