Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

GOcart - CVV ?

Quote Reply
GOcart - CVV ?
Hi,

Does the GOcart handles the CCV (or CVV) code (the one on the backside of your credit card). As this is now required by PayPal to accept payments... And I couldn't see it in the shopping cart order form (when you give your credit card number).

Besides, I saw the admin can defined if a link is or not a product or service. But can a link owner change his link into a product or service using the user interface ???
According to me a user MUST NOT be able to change his/her links into a product/service.
So my second quesion is: can only the admin change that, or can users also change it ?

Regards,
Cedric.
Quote Reply
Re: [Chewda] GOcart - CVV ? In reply to
Hi Cedric,

As the actual transaction is completed upon the paypal website, there should be no problem. With IPN, the script simply detects if the transaction was successful, or not.

The intent of the code was to originally have all links owned by the admin. However, if you wished to have links in your directory, the easiest option is to modify the config so that in "add_system_fields", the UnitType will always be Unmerchandisable. This will not affect the admin interface but any user attempting to modify a record through modify.cgi or add a record through add.cgi will always have their records to "not a product".

Hope this helps,
Aki
Quote Reply
Re: [Chewda] GOcart - CVV ? In reply to
Hi,

I've been working with Gocart, and poor Aki has watched a simple concept balloon into a monster with teeth sunk in his butt :)

I have gotten the cart working with CVV2 numbers through Authorize.net, but not with PayPal (we don't use them). We've got MC/Visa/Discover working (bagged AmEx - <sigh>).

There are several things you can do, to change the defaults to prevent tampering. One is edit the fields a user can't touch, and add the UnitType=unmerchandiseable field. (add_system_fields in the admin setup area).

I checked the 2.12 code, and the fields are preserved for modify -- meaning no matter what is passed in from a modify form, the existing values from the fetched database record are used. (during an add, the default values entered in the setup area are used).

As much as people have talked about ecommerce, it's still a concept in growth. Especially for sites that want something ready-to-run or plug-n-play. Sites like Amazon with dedicated staff can do pretty much anything. But, making all the pieces of dfferent sites work with the gateways and back-end processesrs is rough.

This is digressing a bit, but for those looking at ecommerce for the coming season, check the PayPal fine print -- VERY -- carefully. Also, check the fine print on the electonric check transfers both paypal and especially non-paypal. Electronic checks can be reversed by the account holder for *any* reason for up to 60 days by thier bank. They are *NOT* like paper checks. You are safer taking a paper check from a stranger than an e-check from your buddy.

I'd love to start a dialogue with other GoCart users, to develop more features.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] GOcart - CVV ? In reply to
Hi, I just noticed this thread....

I've developed a UPS Module to calculate shipping charges (real time) using UPSs XML service. I also have developed a payment module for Card Service Int'l Linkpoint service. My GOCart instalation is completely custom, It has notification built in with order placement, status page, and a module to assign license numbers to downloadable goods, I guess the features are too many to list.. but, I would love to have some one to discuss new features... I've fixed some bugs, Aki had fixed some others.

Next modification, which I plan to start in January is to create a robust affiliate program module for GOCart.

Modifications also include heavy template re-designs, admin module changes and order notification built in within the LSQL interface to notify me of new orders. Other features I plan to implement are advanced payment integration. For example, by default orders are PRE authroized, in the invoice screen I will have a way to either commit a full ammount to a previously PRE authorized transaction or charge multiple ammounts until the original PRE autorized ammount is reached (simulating a multiple ship dates scenario)

My GOCart instalation runs under mod_perl and the QA process for it took about 4 months, in fact I've not detected a bug in a long time, Aki has been quite good at solving every single issue really fast.

I also adjusted some settings to reflect US laws regarding taxes, shipping etc.. I guess Canada is slightly different, don't know about the UK. but currently my store instalation is designed to work out of the box under US laws.

One interesting feature I forgot to mention... The store can have products LOCAL to the store/inventory, or remote for dropshipping, where taxes, shipping will be calculated differently..
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] GOcart - CVV ? In reply to
Hi,

That sounds like a lot of what I'm trying to build in, and fiddle with. The biggest thing I need is inventory, and limited quantities/hold and such. We often have only one of an item, and when it's gone, it's gone.

I'm hitting another bug, and I forgot how I fixed it on the last one. The form is returning:

Code:

<input type=hidden name='d' value='1'>
<input type="hidden" name="do" value="gtp"> <input type="hidden" name="gtp" value="add_item"> <select name="id"><option value="1-Install_Basic">GOCART_ITEM_OPTIONSELECT</option></select>
Quantity : <input type="text" name="quantity" value="1"> <input type="submit" value="Purchase"> </form>

Note the GOCART_ITEM_OPTIONSELECT rather than the actual value.

I know my main install was hacked by Virginia quite abit, and I tried to copy it en masse for the new install, but I obviously missed something, somewhere.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] GOcart - CVV ? In reply to
hmm.. is that returned when having multiple choices for a single product?? never seen it before!
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] GOcart - CVV ? In reply to
Hi jaltuve

Say, you wouldn't be up to sharing your hacks, would you? Like the Linkpoint, etc...?

Sounds like you've put together a nice system.

Thanks Smile

------------------------------------------