Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Free document on why we chose Links SQL

Quote Reply
Free document on why we chose Links SQL
If anyone here is considering using Links SQL in a professional/corporate environment, you may be interested in a paper that I have written about my experiences with the product in a university here in the UK.

We are really impressed with Links SQL, apart from a couple of minor annoyances. Anyway, you can read the full 30-page dossier at www.brighton.ac.uk/isdocs/docdetails.php?docnumber=is923 if you are interested.

Rob Schifreen
Quote Reply
Re: [RobSchifreen] Free document on why we chose Links SQL In reply to
That was an interesting read. I've taken some of your suggestions/comments and added them to our todo list. Thanks for posting this.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Very interesting. Thanks for posting the link.
Quote Reply
Hi Rob, just read the document and thanks very much for sharing this with us ! Hope everything continues to work out for you and your students ;)

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Rob, just read through your document again and was wondering, I didn't see any reference to it but have you implemented LinksSQL with mod_perl or did you try ?

Thanks again for providing insight on your project and it was interesting to read the course it took and the different obstacles you came across. I'm sure all the freshers will just take it for granted ;)

John

PS I agree about the reviews, I think anybody that has editors working on the site will be pleased to have the option to enable those editors to validate reviews that will often concern content they have input or may be responsible for.
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Free document on why we chose Links SQL In reply to
Hiya,

No, I didn't try mod_perl because a) I don't really understand much about it, and b) the product seems to work fine without going down the mod_perl route. Also, I don't have root access to the server and so mod_perl would have required additional help from our sysadmins. I guess this is the case with most users of LSQL.

Robert