Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Considering purchasing, but have questions

Quote Reply
Considering purchasing, but have questions
Hello,

I consider purchasing links, but I want to make sure it fits my needs first.
Here are my requirements, please, someone answer these questions:

1) Can I add a link to the database as an admin and mark it NOT NEW ?
2) Can I add a link an assign it an anterior date ?
3) Can I sort links in category by DATE.
4) Is the language packed link up to date with the latest release of links ?

Now more complicated:

5) I really NEED to have all the new added link on a single file (and not split over days). is this possible ? I saw that its possible, but only at the cost of having also all the category links unsplit also which I don't want. (maybe there is a plugin to help) ?
The reason I say this, is because, I really NEED to include on my web home page the list of new links added, and I plan to have it build on a clean static file, then include it right on my home page.

6) I use vbulletin forums. Is there a way to have links using vbulletin database ? So any vbulletin registered user can use links registered features ?

Thanks in advance,
Brakkar
Quote Reply
Re: [brakkar] Considering purchasing, but have questions In reply to
Hi,

1. No, not really. You can only do this by setting the Add_Date to a date that would make the link not new, as the new flags are reset each time you build.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, you can sort by any field you like.

4. German, French and Spanish are up to date, the Big5 encoding one is not unfortunately due to lack of demand.

5. As is, it's not possible. We are looking at spearting out these options in the next version, and it would be a simple change to make. Alternatively there are quite a few globals that you could use to generate a list of the top x new links, and use that on your home page instead.

6. Yes, there is an Auth_vBulletin plugin that will authenticate a user off of vBulletin.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Considering purchasing, but have questions In reply to
Thanks for your answer Alex.
Actually I purchased links sql today :=).

I understand it is not possible to build out external files for new links, but finally, I will use the new links on the links homepage so as you said the globals will do it.

I will use a code provided here: ( http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...?post=242133;#242133 ) but i asked there if its possible to exlude / include specific categories from the global output.

Cordially,

Sharg