Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Can i use the Ask.com and mylinks addons wit L-SQL

Quote Reply
Can i use the Ask.com and mylinks addons wit L-SQL
Hello,
I have mailed this question and someothers to support team but i haven't recieved any replies yet. Ok i wanted to ask whether i can use the ask.com and mylinks addons with Links SQL? and i have installed link2 at my local servers and filled the database with about 4000 links so can i incorporate this database into my new SQL ONE?
Please reply me soon. And if possible please reply to my mail which i have send on 16th August at support@gossamer-threads.com
Regs
JackofNone

Quote Reply
Re: Can i use the Ask.com and mylinks addons wit L-SQL In reply to
In Reply To:
Ok i wanted to ask whether i can use the ask.com and mylinks addons with Links SQL?
If you mean blocking words in the search...yes, that is possible. You would have to change the codes you are currently using with strict Perl codes. But it shouldn't be too difficult to incorporate. In terms of the My LINKS mod, jerrysu is working on upgrading the Links 2.0 version to work with Links SQL. Click on the following search link for more information:

My Links SQL

In Reply To:
and i have installed link2 at my local servers and filled the database with about 4000 links so can i incorporate this database into my new SQL ONE?
Yes...it is easy to upgrade your database to Links SQL. However, I would highly recommend that you take advantage of the free installation or automated installation services that Gossamer Threads offers with the Links SQL license.

Keep in mind that if you have a highly modded Links 2.0 script, you will have to tweak the .pm and .cgi scripts in Links SQL to make the mods work. Although Alex and others have mentioned that the new version of Links SQL will be more easy to incorporate modifications.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Thank you very much once gain Elliot. I've got answers for all of my questions. But Elliot i just wanted the content of links.db into my new SQL version. I beleive this is possible. Ok when will be the new version expected. I'll be waiting for it.

Thanks A lot
Regs
JackofNone

Quote Reply
Right...and I answered your question...yes, you can transfer data from your links.db into the Links table in the Links database that you or Alex create. However, keep in mind, as I mentioned before, that if you have extraneous fields that do not come with Links SQL than you will have to edit the setup files.

Have you read the announcements in the Announcement forum??? Welp, if you haven't, you should. Alex has just released an announcement today that is targeting next Friday for a BETA release of Links SQL v1.2. That forum is where you should look for information about Gossamer Threads and their products/services.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Thanks a lot Elliot. Things would have been difficult without your help. Keep up the good work. I'll be waiting for friday.

Regs
JackofNone

Quote Reply
You're welcome.

Regards,

Eliot Lee