Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Attempting to integrate three applications.

Quote Reply
Attempting to integrate three applications.
Hi Folks,

I am attempting to integrate three applications. Two of which I'm sold on ... and one more which I'm still trying to figure out if I should go ahead and purchase or not.

The applications are

-- vBulletin
-- Links SQL
-- eCards, Clubs and Classifieds from BuildACommunity.Com

Given that I can see a lot of folks using VB and LinksSQL together, I'm sold on this combination.

Is anyone out there using BAC's software along with the Links?

I plan on using the vBulletin tables for maintaining the user permissions / logins, simply for the reason that I'm most comfortable with PHP and a complete Perl novice.

Opinions / Suggestions would be much appreciated!

OR

Should I wait for the Gossamer Community software to be released before I can fully integrate the various pieces that I need?

Thanks,
Shri

Last edited by:

shriram: Apr 24, 2002, 1:29 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [shriram] Attempting to integrate three applications. In reply to
Alternatively, are Gossamer Forum and Links SQL setup to use a common database?
Quote Reply
No but they can be integrated using the community plugin out very soon.
Quote Reply
I think 'share the same database' is a bit misleading there in your message. They can share their same database to store information in, if you wanted them, but what I think you're trying to get at is will they be able to share the same user base.

Well, from my understanding they will be able to do this by using the Gossamer Community plugin/application which is currently being developed. You can find out more information about what GTCommunity is and what it can and can not do by reading the following announcement:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=188239

Hope this helps.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Attempting to integrate three applications. In reply to
Wil,

I had read the annoucement.

Unfortunately, I've got three sets of applications from three vendors. Gossamer Community, while it may be a good thing, is not on a schedule right now.

May be I'll start with getting the vendors to give me their table structure(s) for storing user information.

Shri
Quote Reply
Before you do anything, I think you should email support@gossamer-threads.com to find out where they are at with Gossamer Community. You never know, it may be just around the corner!

Cheers

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Attempting to integrate three applications. In reply to
Wil,

I'm going to do that in a bit. Thanks!

Shri