Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

A few pre-sales questions

Quote Reply
A few pre-sales questions
Hi, I've been looking around for a good links management system for a while and have been recommended Links SQL. It's a bit expensive for my budget, but if it'll do what the others won't then I'll consider it.

1. The current version is Perl. I've been told that there's a PHP verision under development. Any release dates yet?

2. The cost is for a lifetime license? Does this include all upgrades, or is there an annual fee?

3. Integration with my existing vBulletin user database is a big feature that I need. Does the current plug-in work with vBulletin 2.2.6? Will there be future support for this plug-in (ie for future releases of vBulletin including Version 3), even though you have your own forum software?

Many thanks.

Darren.
Quote Reply
Re: [Darren Lewis] A few pre-sales questions In reply to
I've been asking more questions than giving answers lately, so I'll chip in here where I can.

1) It's actually a single version, but with an optional PHP frontend (user interface, basically). It's already released.

2) Free lifetime upgrades.

3) I'm not sure...

Dan
Quote Reply
You can view the license here...

http://gossamer-threads.com/...inks-sql/license.htm
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] A few pre-sales questions In reply to
Thanks for the quick replies and the link to the license info. Glad you don't have to keep paying every year.

Question 3 is the most important for me - will have to wait for one of the developers to answer this one.

Darren.
Quote Reply
Hi,

1. The PHP version is already available, and you can read about it here:

http://gossamer-threads.com/...ts/links-sql/php.htm

2. You get free upgrades for life.

3. Yes, I'm pretty sure the current plugin supports vBulletin 2.2.6 (I know it does work on a 2.2 version). If it doesn't, we'll be happy to tweak it for you to get it to work. We have no plans on dropping this as long as someone can give us access to a vbulletin installation if the program changes.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] A few pre-sales questions In reply to
One thing to note is that the PHP front end currently doesn't support a plugin system, and so that you can't integrate vBulletin with the PHP front end without some custom work.

Adrian