Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

2 links sql sites on one database

Quote Reply
2 links sql sites on one database
I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but here are my questions.

I am looking to purchase another links license if I have to, will i need after you read the questions below.

Question 1
I want to set up 2 websites running on the same SQL database, i am wondering if that is possible with the new 3.2.0 version on LinksSQL users may be added to the database through both sites, will that be possible.
I currently have one website running on one SQL database and want to another site designed differently but will pull data from the old database

Question 2,
How do I add links to the database with a later add date like 2007-05-01 and have the link show up only from that date, i tried to add a link once with a later add date but showed up on my site anyway.

Question 3
How do I set up a cron job to delete links that expired the day before. Like I want the links that have expiry date of 2007-04-06 to have been deleted this midnight,so they do not show up today or stay on for up to 2 days after the expired date
Quote Reply
Re: [Abusaki] 2 links sql sites on one database In reply to
Quote:
I want to set up 2 websites running on the same SQL database, i am wondering if that is possible with the new 3.2.0 version on LinksSQL users may be added to the database through both sites, will that be possible.
I currently have one website running on one SQL database and want to another site designed differently but will pull data from the old database

I've done this with mySQL... as long as both domain names/websites can access the same mySQL database it runs OK. The only thing I had to watch is that if I change the tables using one of the websites, I resync the tables in the other website so they both match.
Quote Reply
Re: [Abusaki] 2 links sql sites on one database In reply to
Hi,

Although it will work for some time, this method of running GLinks will lead to database corruption eventually that will not be easy to fix up.

If this is what you'd like to achieve, it's better to run a second set of templates and use rewrite rules to setup the second site, we can do this as a custom job for you if you like, which will incur a custom work charge, but you won't have to buy a second license.

Question 2 requires a custom plugin that will "publish" or set to isValidate=Yes only on a particular date.

Same for Question 3, you'll need a snippet of code that can be run on cron to look through all the links, know what date it is today, and then delete the ones that have an expiry date entry one day prior.

Please send me an email directly to speak about custom jobs such as these if you are interested in having us do these modifications for you.

Jack.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] 2 links sql sites on one database In reply to
Thanks Jack, I sent you an email.