Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
php globals
Sorry if this is a basic question, but i created a new directory under my admin/templates/ directory called "blue_php" and copied the default_php templates over into the new directory and modified them a little bit to what i wanted. i also modified the global variables for blue_php.

however, when i go to page.php, the template doesn't reflect the changes i made or the variable changes and still seems to load the regular default_php variables and templates.

how do i make it so the php template it uses will be the blue_php one instead of the default?

thanks in advance..
-simon
http://www.fatscripts.com
Quote Reply
Re: [lastsaga] php globals In reply to
hm, i messed around with the templates some more and i figured out that you need BOTH a "blue" AND a "blue_php" in order to access the php version.

under the path setup page i had to point the static build template to "blue", and that somehow automatically makes the dynamic php version to the same directory + "_php"

hm.. so basically if i want the users to ONLY use the php version, do i have to set the static build directory to some obscure directory where no one will access and make the root directory the path for page.php? (or index.php)

thanks again, sometimes just typing this stuff out helps me to organize my thoughts and figure out solutions to my own questions :D lol
-simon
http://www.fatscripts.com
Quote Reply
Re: [lastsaga] php globals In reply to
>>>m.. so basically if i want the users to ONLY use the php version, do i have to set the static build directory to some obscure directory where no one will access and make the root directory the path for page.php? (or index.php) <<<

Nah.. just rename nph-build.cgi, in your admin folder to something like nph-build.bak . Then, if you ever need to use it for something, just run it via Telnet/SSH...i.e;

perl nph-build.bak --all
perl nph-build.bak --repair

That should stop you accidently (or someone else) running a b/all on your site.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!