Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : PHP Front End :

SearchLogger

Quote Reply
SearchLogger
hola!

i'd like to implement the SearchLogger Plugin from Alex within PHP pages. i've downloaded and installed the plugin but actually it works only with PER/CGI generated pages.

what mods i need to apply ?

thx,
chico
Quote Reply
Re: [chico] SearchLogger In reply to
Welp, you need to basically re-write the whole thing into PHP Tongue The plugin system only works with Perl/static pages...i.e page.cgi, add.cgi etc.

Wouldn't be that hard to hack the .inc files for the PHP backend, so that it logs keywords, but I don't have time at the moment to start playing with it. Got quite a bit of work to try and get done today :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] SearchLogger In reply to
The SearchLogger Plugin has 2 files install.pm and searchlogger.pm: should i hack these files or only the .inc files for the PHP backend ? which are the .inc files ?

andy, thank you for the quick reply and good luck for your work!
Quote Reply
You would most likely need to edit the Links/PHP/Search.inc.php file... namely function query(), which is where the results are run from. You could just add a simple insert statement here...

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] SearchLogger In reply to
yes. i'm gonna play with the $opts argument, try to put in the Links/PHP/Search.inc.php file.

cheers Smile
Quote Reply
i had a look to the function (query) in Links/PHP/Search.inc.php file but i can't find how (and where) to implement a insert statement. that's my fault Frown i'm not a php programmer...

Wink any ideas appreciated!!!

cheers,
chico