Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : PHP Front End :

Mass Links dropping while building..

Quote Reply
Mass Links dropping while building..
Morning troops :)

Adding the same link to each end of the catagories ( 1000ish ) , we did it all, did a build, went back to check they all went in and to see if we missed any, and like 60% of them droped.

So decided to do it few regions at a time, then build, same thing happens, some get added, lots get droped.

So then we decided to do 1 region each, then build, 90% added fine, couple droped here and there from the new ones.

Then we went on to adding another 1 region each, then the bonefire started, 80% of the links droped, this keeps happening no matter how we do it, we also get a error sometimes 'cannot move xyz link thingy' when were copying not moving.

We then went onto just sticking to the 1 region each, and doing build staggered, and then a repair database tables, this worked untill we got 6 regions in, a huge amount of links have droped.

Any ideas whats going on? we been trying to get this site dusted of now for past 4 hours, this last part heh, were on mass quanities of coffee and its 4am :)

Any ideas appreciated,
Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryanvtwod] Mass Links dropping while building.. In reply to
Do they still exist in the database? I very much doubt it is a problem with LSQL, as I have run several million links, in statc/dynamic/php... so its more likely down to your server.

Do you have enough space on your account? It could be MySQL is limiting you, which would cause the links not to be correctly added in the first place.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Mass Links dropping while building.. In reply to
they dont exsist in database ( the links them selfs, all the catagories are there )

Basicly all the links are, are duplicates of them selfs all over. Using the copy fuction in the browse to copy into the other towns (since the user wont see these, its just there to make the towns show up with the results inside from custom php).

Space wise, theres plenty, 490 odd meg free. atm theres 610 links inside, had 680 odd at some point so cant be that.

Any other ideas? this really doing our heads in hehe. :)
Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryanvtwod] Mass Links dropping while building.. In reply to
I'd email support@gossamer-threads.com, and see if they can look into it for you. Afraid I don't have any more ideas :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Mass Links dropping while building.. In reply to
k cheers. :)