Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : PHP Front End :

review questions

Quote Reply
review questions
Concerning validation of review, can Editors do it?
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] review questions In reply to
Hi,

Short answer? No.

Our next project is to revamp the editor system into a more flexible, more powerful feature. There has been a lot of great feedback about things that should be included, and we will work with that to build a new editor system not based on the admin browse feature as that is too limiting.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] review questions In reply to
You're doing a great job, Alex. This is a great program. Smile

Next question (you knew there had to be one, right?), Can the review be set up to replace rate? In other words, the top 20 reviewed sites type of thing?
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] review questions In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,

Short answer? No.

Our next project is to revamp the editor system into a more flexible, more powerful feature. There has been a lot of great feedback about things that should be included, and we will work with that to build a new editor system not based on the admin browse feature as that is too limiting.

Cheers,

Alex

Good idea to revamp the editor system. The fact that editors cannot validate Reviews is in my opinion actually a big limitation on the possible applications of LinksSQL. I think most people using the Review feature will find themselves having much more Reviews than actual Links - multiple Reviews per Link. Unfortunately this leaves the admin with the entire burden of having to go through all the Reviews on his/her own. I would argue that the editor feature is MORE crucial to Reviews for those using it than for actual Links, simply because of the possible volume of Reviews.

Any chance of coming up with a solution for this in the interim while you are redesigning the editor system?

Safe swoops
Sangiro