Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : PHP Front End :

PHP front end....

Quote Reply
PHP front end....
Is it possible to have php front end but not run Links SQL in php but dynamically?
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] PHP front end.... In reply to
Not sure what you mean. Are you asking if you could use page.php for stuff like search/add etc, and then generate dynamic index.php etc pages for the categories/static pages?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] PHP front end.... In reply to
Actually, I;m not sure what I mean...I'd like to run my site as php but Links SQL loses so much running it under php that I just want to continue having it run dynamically.
Quote Reply
Quote:
Links SQL loses so much running it under php that I just want to continue having it run dynamically.

php *is* dynamic.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jul 1, 2003, 12:28 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] PHP front end.... In reply to
I know it's dynamic but that's not the 'dynamic' I mean. I understand there are some functions that don't work when you run Links SQL under PHP. They do work when you just run Links SQL dynamically (without PHP).
Quote Reply
>>>I understand there are some functions that don't work when you run Links SQL under PHP<<<

Such as? Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] PHP front end.... In reply to
The editor features and the drop-in plugins. I could be wrong but I understand you can't use them.
Quote Reply
Ah, yeah. The Plugins and Editor feature are Perl only :( I asked GT if they had any plans to make a PHP Plugin system, but they were not to sure at the time. Mainly down to the demand. Obviously they don't want to spend ages on a feature, if not many people want/need it.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk