Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : PHP Front End :

Write Review

Quote Reply
Write Review
From the non-tech point of view I find the new “Write review” section of this new version well thought out and an excellent addition to LSQL. It integrates well into the community building theme, as this is the direction I see the other GT scripts heading. I would like to also see a “Send this link to a friend” option added as the current plugin does not work very well. I am looking forward to the release of the GT community plugin that will tie the all the other GT scripts together, especially Gforum. Alex and Co. you are on a winning streak.
Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] Write Review In reply to
Emailing this page to a friend would be easy to add into the PHP front end. Just grab the current page using $PHP_SELF - and then pass it to a function that mails a message with $PHP_SELF in it to the user.

When the PHP front end comes out of Beta and GT decide wether to make a plugin system for it - I'll make this for ya.

Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Write Review In reply to
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Write Review In reply to
I believe $PHP_SELF will just grab the directory and file name (i.e. pages/page.php?go=...), so you'll probably also need to attach the URL to it before emailing.

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: [Dan Kaplan] Write Review In reply to
I actually haven't done a complete install of the script yet, I have just unzipped it - but I would imagine that the ConfigData.pm file would have a setting in there which is the URL to the build directory - so accessing that and $PHP_SELF would probably be the way to do it.

I used phpgeek.com 's software to install PHP/MySQl/Apache/Perl on my computer, so it doesn't use Active States Perl, therefore I can't use PPC or PCP or whatever it is to install DBI and DBD on my machine to be able to check Frown

Cheers,
Michael Bray