Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : PHP Front End :

Grabbing Username...

Quote Reply
Grabbing Username...
Hi..I've been playing with this for a little while, but I'm still a little stuck :p Does anyone know how to call the USERNAME cookie stored on the users coomputer? In the Perl plugins, you can use $USER->{Username}, but I can't seem to work out how to do this in PHP Frown

Cheers for any help you can offer.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Grabbing Username... In reply to
Quote:
Does anyone know how to call the USERNAME cookie stored on the users coomputer? In the Perl plugins, you can use $USER->{Username}, but I can't seem to work out how to do this in PHP

$USER->{Username} isn't grabbing a cookie value, $USER is a hashref from the Users table.

Last edited by:

Paul: Oct 5, 2002, 5:36 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Grabbing Username... In reply to
Yeah, but it yeilds the cookie value of their username stored as cookie on thier PC ;) I'm looking for the equivelant of this in PHP...

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Grabbing Username... In reply to
If you can track down where the cookie is set (presumably on a login processing page), then you should be able to use that info to retreive it:

<?php echo $HTTP_SESSION_VARS['cookie_name']; ?>

Dan