Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : PHP Front End :

Execution Time

Quote Reply
Execution Time
Is there a way to get rid of the maximum execution time? I'm loading a rather large amount of info from my database and I'm running into this error causing some of the info to not be displayed.
Quote Reply
Re: [JoFrRi] Execution Time In reply to
Are you refering to PHP's timeout messages? If so, you should be able to turn it off in php.ini/php.conf. Even so though, how large is this query? Won't it crash your serer if too many people access the pages at once?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Execution Time In reply to
I'm not sure if my server will crash. I never get much traffic. I'm loading an entire book of the bible onto one page. I'm doing this because I'm not sure how to load half or what not on one page, and then the rest on a following linked page (Like a search engine displays it's results).

If I could limit my while statements then pick up where I left afterwards, I would definately set it up like that.

Last edited by:

JoFrRi: Aug 31, 2003, 8:40 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [JoFrRi] Execution Time In reply to
Ouch... thats more likely to crash their browser, and your server Frown I would suggest looking further into spanning it across pages.

Sorry I can't be any more help, but I'm pretty strapped for time at the moment.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Execution Time In reply to
Thanks for the advice anyway. Smile I will look into doing that.