Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

verify links error

Quote Reply
verify links error
I am trying to verify links on my new links SQl installation, but I get this error.

Clues anyone?

CCUnet

Launching new child ...

A fatal error has occured:
Error launching child '/usr/bin/perl /home/ccunet/ccunetwork-www/cgi-bin/guide/admin/verify-child.pl '. Status: 9 at /home/ccunet/ccunetwork-www/cgi-bin/guide/admin/Links/Parallel.pm line 199.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Stack Trace======================================Links (19291): Links::environment called at /home/ccunet/ccunetwork-www/cgi-bin/guide/admin/Links.pm line 430 with no arguments.Links (19291): Links::fatal called at /home/ccunet/ccunetwork-www/cgi-bin/guide/admin/Links/Parallel.pm line 199 with arguments (Error launching child '/usr/bin/perl /home/ccunet/ccunetwork-www/cgi-bin/guide/admin/verify-child.pl '. Status: 9 at /home/ccunet/ccunetwork-www/cgi-bin/guide/admin/Links/Parallel.pm line 199. ).Links (19291): Links::Parallel::WorkUnit::new_handle called at /home/ccunet/ccunetwork-www/cgi-bin/guide/admin/Links/Parallel.pm line 171 with arguments (/usr/bin/perl, /home/ccunet/ccunetwork-www/cgi-bin/guide/admin/verify-child.pl, [undef], ARRAY(0x849b558)).Links (19291): Links::Parallel::WorkUnit::new called at /home/ccunet/ccunetwork-www/cgi-bin/guide/admin/Links/Parallel.pm line 141 with arguments (Links::Parallel::WorkUnit, /usr/bin/perl, /home/ccunet/ccunetwork-www/cgi-bin/guide/admin/verify-child.pl, [undef], ARRAY(0x849b558)).Links (19291): Links::Parallel::new_work_unit called at /home/ccunet/ccunetwork-www/cgi-bin/guide/admin/Links/Parallel.pm line 74 with arguments (Links::Parallel=HASH(0x849b264)).Links (19291): Links::Parallel::wait called at nph-verify.cgi line 226 with arguments (Links::Parallel=HASH(0x849b264)).Links (19291): main::check_links called at nph-verify.cgi line 82 with arguments (1, 404, 0, 7, 1969/12/31, 2000/8/2).Links (19291): main::main called at nph-verify.cgi line 28 with no arguments.
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] verify links error In reply to
Hi,

Can you send an email to support-lsql@gossamer-threads.com and include ssh/telnet access so we can see what's going wrong.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] verify links error In reply to
Has a solution to this problem been found? I have just encountered it as well.
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] verify links error In reply to
In Reply To:
I am trying to verify links on my new links SQl installation, but I get this error.

Clues anyone?

CCUnet

Launching new child ...

A fatal error has occured:

Error launching child '/usr/bin/perl /home/ccunet/ccunetwork-www/cgi-bin/guide/admin/verify-child.pl '. Status: 9 at /home/ccunet/ccunetwork-www/cgi-bin/guide/admin/Links/Parallel.pm line 199.

UnsureI have exactly the same problem, I have seen that I was not the only one but I didn't find any solution in the forum...

I need help PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASE Wink

Thanks

FMP
Quote Reply
Re: [fmp] verify links error In reply to
This was the reply i got from Alex after he attempted to help me.

"Sorry about the late reply. This seems to be a problem with the webserver
killing off the process because it takes too long.

If you have terminal service or pcanywhere access, you can run the command
from there and it should complete normally."

So i went to our server and typed "perl nph-verify.cgi " and that worked for me.
Quote Reply
Re: [castikevin] verify links error In reply to
Hi castikevin, thanks for yor help,

I have just done perl nph-verify.cgi --check_all via telnet but it still not working...

Unsure

FMP
Quote Reply
Re: [castikevin] verify links error In reply to
In Reply To:
This was the reply i got from Alex after he attempted to help me.

"Sorry about the late reply. This seems to be a problem with the webserver
killing off the process because it takes too long.

If you have terminal service or pcanywhere access, you can run the command
from there and it should complete normally."

So i went to our server and typed "perl nph-verify.cgi " and that worked for me.

Hi, so I have tried to do "perl nph-verify.cgi " via telnet and it doesn't work.Unsure
So I did contact my provider to ask them if the process was killed by the server : They told me that everething was ok for them.

does any one has an idea?

txs

FMP
Quote Reply
Re: [fmp] verify links error In reply to
>>
I have tried to do "perl nph-verify.cgi " via telnet and it doesn't work.
<<

What happened?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] verify links error In reply to
Hi

The error message is "MySQL Connection Failed: User fmp has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections"

so I asked my provider and they told me :
  • you must close the connexions with the mySQL server after each operaton
  • maybe your requests ask too much resources to the server : check your code

Does it mean something to you?

txs

FMP