Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

user login with email instead of url

Quote Reply
user login with email instead of url
Hi,

In links2.0 I had used a password mod which would allow users to login by asking them to enter their email address and link ID instead of URL.

I am using this (links sql) on a classified site and most all users don't have an URL.

I would like to allow them to update their link by asking them to enter their link ID and email in the "Modify Link" area. How would I do this? Has anyone done this?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] user login with email instead of url In reply to
Hi,

In Linksql, user must login by username and password, then select a Links of that user to modify. So, user do not need to enter the url.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] user login with email instead of url In reply to
I understand (there is also an option where they don't have to login) but since I am importing links from links2 they wouldn't have a username and password to login because all imported links are going to be assigned to "admin" as the user.

Or is there way (plugin/mod) to import links so I can also automatically assign each user with a username/password and then email them or something?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] user login with email instead of url In reply to
I see. The is no users db for Links2.0.

I will check to see if someone else have created any plugin liks this. If not yet, I can create a new one.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog